SIP Trunking is simply a single conduit pipeline for multimedia elements (voice, video and data) that reduces or eliminates the need for PSTN media gateways, as well as reduce or eliminate the need for narrow-band voice circuits. SIP Trunks are a perfect substitute for traditional PRI or analog circuits.
SIP Trunks can work with a SIP-ready PBX. SIP Trunks can also be made to work with traditional analog or key systems by adding a gateway behind the PBX in order to connect to the SIP Trunk. Gateway prices start below $300 and range in size from 4 to 8 ports, and can be ganged to provide increased ports.
- Bandwidth agnostic (Use your existing broadband).
- Eliminates the need for expensive and un-flexible traditional voice circuits.
- Easy integration with gateways or IP-PBX equipment.
- Cheaper long distance on a SIP trunk when compared to traditional rates.
- Free local and office-to-office calling.
- Number portability (keep your number).
- Supports high-call capacity without voice degradation.
SIP Trunks are virtual circuits delivered over an Internet Access line. Depending on the number of SIP Trunks purchased, and the amount of excess Internet connectivity, a business should consider purchasing more Internet Access. However, it’s important to know that when a SIP Trunk is not being used, the bandwidth otherwise allocated to a SIP Trunk is freed up for use in less intensive applications, such as e-mail and general web use. This dynamic allocation of bandwidth is yet another feature of SIP Trunks versus more traditional technologies, such as analog or PRI circuits.
Contact us today to find out more about how SIP trunks can increase the ROI of your existing PBX equipment or provide an inexpensive solution to your growing communication needs.